Are You Preparing for Ministry as a Military Chaplain?
One way the Military Chaplains Association “speaks with a professional voice” is through support for training the next generation of chaplains. Each year, we provide financial assistance to several seminary students who are currently serving as chaplain candidates in the Air Force, Army, or Navy.
The MCA Chaplain Candidate Scholarship Program was established in 1992. Funding for this program comes from donations provided through the Emerson Fund.
- Full time enrollment in an accredited seminary.
- Ecclesiastical endorsement for service as a military chaplain.
- Enrolled in the chaplain candidate program
Thank you for your preparation to serve the spiritual needs of Warriors and their families!
Scholarship applications for the 2020-2021 academic year will be received from February 1, 2020 thru May 30, 2020.
Items required for submission will include:
- Chaplain Candidate Scholarship Application form – completed, signed and dated with required attachments
- Documents required in Section C 1 & 2
- Statement of Financial Background (Section D 1)
- Student Aid Report (Section D 2)
- All documents required by Section E
- Head shot color photograph in military uniform
Please note: The scholarship applicant is responsible to assemble all items in one complete package and send to the MCA as indicated above. Any items sent separately (i.e. letters of recommendation, transcripts, etc.) must have the applicant’s name clearly indicated. Incomplete or late packages will not be considered.
Previous scholarship recipients